24 Mar 2015

Angelina Jolie has ovaries and fallopian tubes removed

Angelina Jolie  

Actress Angelina Jolie has had her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed as a preventative measure against cancer.
Writing in the New York Times, Jolie said she had the surgery last week as she carries a gene that gave her a 50% risk of developing ovarian cancer.


 http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/81861000/jpg/_81861549_81861056.jpg 
Two years ago, Jolie, whose mother died from cancer, had a double mastectomy.
"It is not easy to make these decisions," she said. "But it is possible to take control and tackle head-on any health issue."
Jolie, who is married to Hollywood actor Brad Pitt, elected to have her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed after a check-up two weeks ago.

In the article, titled Angelina Jolie Pitt: Diary of a Surgery, she said a blood test revealed "a number" of elevated inflammatory markers that could be a sign of early cancer, and was told to see a surgeon immediately.
"I went through what I imagine thousands of other women have felt. I told myself to stay calm, to be strong, and that I had no reason to think I wouldn't live to see my children grow up and to meet my grandchildren," Jolie wrote.
The couple have six children

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...